The truth of the matter is that a simple Amazon keyword search will display a long list of products over several pages. However, those that lead to successful sales and conversions are the ones that are listed on the first three pages. Amazon is a leader in the global eCommerce industry and has a strong membership of over 80 million. The brand strives to satisfy all these customers by giving them the best shopping experience. This e-commerce platform utilizes its A9 algorithm in searching and recommending the right products to its global customer base in order to give them an easy and seamless shopping experience.
Ultimate Guide to Amazon SEO
Step One: Think Like the Amazon A9
The term relevance refers to how the product matches the search query of the user. Keyword positioning and usage is normally used in calculating product relevance. Performance factors refers to how successful or popular your product has been among customers. The main metric that is used in this case is the click-through rate (CTR), overall number of sales and the conversion rate.
Step Two: Enhance the Relevance of Your Product page
The products should be relevant to the search terms if you want to rank highly. There are several fundamental aspects that you need to take care of as explained in this amazon SEO guide. Let us look at each of them step after step; amazon keyword research tools
- Title: Amazon and Google are very different from each other when it comes to optimization. Google is okay with titles that have simple designs while Amazon listing optimization places a lot of emphasis on keywords. Recently, Amazon allowed you to use as many keywords as possible as long as the space allowed. You will also find amazon keyword research tools that will help you determine the right key words. However, the company is in the process of standardizing and reforming the rules of creating product titles. Some of the elements that Amazon recommends to include in your title include product type, key feature or material, brand or product line, color, size, packaging, symbols, suggestive commentary, promotional messages, seller information, using All-caps, pricing and quantity just to name a few. You need to organize these elements well to come up with an effective title. You also need to add on an extra ranking factor such as additional target keywords. You can also get practical and algorithmic benefits by putting the most relevant keywords in the title first. Close to 97 percent of the visitors will click on the results that appear on the first page. Therefore, apart from users desiring to get what they want to purchase, they need to get to the products with speed. Therefore, you need to provide as much information as possible to their search questions from the onset. Long search quarries make up to about 70 percent of the total searches and are known as long-tail keywords. However, they look more like phrases and not keywords. Make a list of keywords that have a high amazon keyword ranking and then place them in your titles strategically. You can also include your brand name depending on how it ranks. However, you should not overstuff your product titles with keywords as its not an effective technique to improve your ranking. Overstuffing keywords may have a negative influence on your sales. The good thing is that there are several online tools that can help you to meet this objective.
- Bullet Points: You need to describe key points in this section. Amazon does not also allow products that don’t have the right description in the Buy Box. Using bullets may not have a direct influence on your product’s A9 ranking but they have a significant influence on the conversion rate and relevance of your product. Bullets will give you an exclusive opportunity to present the benefits and features of your products. The A9 algorithm also indexes the words that you use in these bullet points. Therefore, use some of the words that customers use in their research. However, the terms that are used in bullets are not as weighty as those applied in the title. Start all the bullet points in capital letters and don’t include an ending punctuation. You also have to list the numbers in the numerical format and separate clauses within the same bullet point using semicolons. Its also good to spell out any measurements like inches, feet and quarts. Be very specific with the product attributes and features. The space is specially designed for product features and you should not include any company related information in it. You should also not include promotional or pricing content here. Amazon also prohibits you from including company or shipping details here like shipping, company, or seller information.
- Product Description: The product description is an extension of the above function. You need to include keywords in your product description for them to appear in the A9 search results. Product description is normally indexed and can thus influence the visibility of your product. Also, a well written description that has a small call to action can have a great impact on conversions. Just use simple HTML and you will be good to go. Some of the information to include in your product description include salesy or promo language, product details, company specific info, website URL, e-mail address, and sellers’ name.
- Brand Manufacturer: We have consumers who go for specific brands when shopping on Amazon. Add the manufacturing number in your title because some consumers use it in their searches.
- Product Specification: In this section, list all the physical and technical details of your product such as weight, color, size, production date, and technical specifications.
- Category & Sub-Category: So many consumers are searching for products on Amazon by categories. Also, Amazon presents the A9 search results by category. Therefore, its important to place your products in the right categories.
- Various Search Terms: Amazon has five search term fields and hence you need to enter the most ideal keywords that you can imagine. Use alternative spellings or synonyms instead of repeating words. These words are invisible to users but Amazon indexes them like the ones in product descriptions or bullets.
- URL: The Amazon A9 algorithm uses this approach to determine the relevance of particular searches or listings. Create URL quarries for your product pages: keyword=product + keyword and place the resultant code in the back section of your product’s URL. Use a relevant service to shorten the code and get a sharable link before you drive traffic to it. In case a sales record arises from this link, the A9 algorithm will identify the specific visitors and target them for your keywords.
- Unique Content: In Amazon, it does not matter whether your listing has exactly the same images, product description, bullet points, and title as other websites. Amazon is more concerned with how the details can assist in converting your searchers into active buyers.
Step Three: Aim at Enhancing Your Conversion Rate
Amazon is more likely to recommend your products to consumers when you have a higher conversion rate. Having a high conversion rate is a clear indication that the product is good at satisfying your customers. This will in turn create a higher interest in your products and further conversions.
Products that have a high ranking in sales usually appear on the first page of the search results. The implication is that a sales king will have a higher sales velocity in comparison to their competitors. You have to drive both external and internal traffic for your product listing on Amazon to drive sales. You can use a launch service in generating a natural spike in the volume of sales and enhance the ranking of your products.
The other critical factor is the number of reviews that your product has. New customers always want to understand the feelings that previous consumers have about your problem. Your goal should therefore be to get as many positive reviews as possible. You may decide to use reviews in targeting customers so as to get more reviews and sales. Reviews are an important factor in Amazon rating and influence the conversion rate. Products that have an excellent rating will automatically rise on top of the Amazon SERPs. The reviews play a critical role in the final purchase decision of the clients. Strive to get excellent customer reviews to be sure of getting a higher ranking.
The other tip is setting a competitive price for your products and this does not mean that you will be engaging in a price war with your competitors. The price you set will determine whether you will win or loose the BuyBox. Some consumers connect high prices with the best quality and hence low prices are not always the best. You can also give your shoppers free shipping to motivate them.
Some sellers like to create multiple listings for the various attributes of the same product but this is not a very good idea. Instead, you can use the multiple attributes of the multi-attribute variant function of Amazon to set up a single listing and direct all your users to a single specific page. This increases the number or reviews and buyers. It displays all the attributes of the products on a single page and hence your customers will not be switching in between pages to make a purchase decision. You also need to look at the bounce rate and customer stay rate. Customers staying on the webpage for a long time will significantly increase your conversion rate. Therefore, think out your strategy well just in case you realize that your bounce rate is too high.
Step Four: Pay a Closer Attention to Product Authority
Product authority comes as factor number four in our amazon seo guide. Customer feedback is the other key factor that will affect the overall authority of your product apart from the total volume of sales. Your product authority is automatically going to drop if a large proportion of your buyers end up returning them or leave behind a negative feedback. Amazon tries to attach a high priority to FBA-shipped products. Amazon also pays close attention to the order defect rate and you need to avoid this by all means. Also, make sure you avoid negative feedback as much as possible. The data that is represented by the A-to-Z claim rate where the complaint is related to the product itself. The data that is represented by the A-to-Z is important as it may directly influence the A9 ranking. The last point here is the in-stock rate, because Amazon will not recommend any product that will not be shipped immediately to its shoppers. Therefore, you must have sufficient inventory of your sales and listings in a manner that will favor your listing.
Step Five: Amazon SEO Should be a Continuous Process